How to carry out constructive appraisals.
Appraisers and Appraisees often share one thing in common — dread at the thought of an appraisal. Too many appraisals end up with the manager sitting in judgement of the appraisee. Little meaningful dialogue takes place and the event can become demotivating.
Empowering Appraisals enable managers and staff to carry out a two-way discussion in a structured and pre-planned way. Learning the necessary skills and techniques to do this banishes any dread from an appraisal.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the foundations for effective appraisals
- Be confident in both the process and their approach to the discussion
- Identify the core skills required of an effective appraiser
- Set objectives and measurable goals
- Use a straightforward model for handling conflict
- Give feedback in a constructive way
- Handle under-performance confidently
This course is delivered over 2 day and aims to maximise participation through discussion, individual and group exercises. The style is informal and the content informative.
For further information e-mail email@example.com