"The greatest mistake in communication is to believe that it happens." GB SHAW
Too often, projects trip up, staff produce the wrong work or unnecessary conflict arises in a work environment because of poor communication skills.
Whether we are interacting with a boss, a team, a client, a supplier or a peer, our impact will be determined by the strength of our communication skills.
This programme provides the foundations for getting clarity in communication by focusing on the skills of active listening and seeking understanding.
Once these key skills are covered, the programme moves on to cover Conflict Management and Influencing techniques. Particular emphasis is placed on how to influence people when you have no authority over them.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the barriers to good communication
- Apply basic skills of good communication
- Structure their messages to achieve maximum impact
- Develop good questioning techniques
- Listen effectively
- Develop preparation techniques for effective influencing
- Use a straightforward model for handling conflict
- Handle different personalities and behaviours
This course is delivered over 2 days and aims to maximise participation through discussion, individual and group exercises. The style is informal and the content informative
For further information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org